Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mythology

I have always enjoyed fiction writing, as well as mythology so this whole English unit was pretty interesting. I'm also in this class at the Loft about dialogue so hopefully my writing will get better.
Would it be bad to say that I want to be a writer? Why would that be bad, well people always respond to me with things like, "Oh there's no money in books." Or "Really, how about you go into law?" Well, no. I'm not interested in law, I'm an artist. Painter by night, student by day, and graphic designer by afternoon. So writing doesn't really fit into that anywhere does it...

When I was eight my mom asked that dreadful question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"I think I said I wanted to be a rock star up until I was 10. When I was ten I had my entire life planned out. When I was in my middle teens I was going to be an actor. Once I was in my twenties I was going to be a rock star, after that when I was older I was going to be an artist. That obviously isn't going to happen and since then it's changed. For a while the answer was a singer, then it was a fashion designer, then it was an interior designer.

If you ask me now my answer is Artist. That's it. I just want to be an artist. Take that how you will and come to your own conclusions. Till then, signing off.


--
Reminiscently Thoughtful

No comments:

Post a Comment