Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prayer Of The Refugee

The song:

The Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsmania.com/prayer_of_the_refugee_lyrics_rise_against.html

I'm in one of my weird moods, overcome with a migraine that threatens to crack my skull in two, and not in the greatest of moods. I'll try to keep this for the most part PG-13 but I'm human and I'm not perfect.

I'm a refugee. Of this society, of this state, of this life. I'm a refugee.

"I’ll tell you stories of a better time, In a place that we once knew" Reminds me of the time I would sit on the hone with jay for hours, taking turns telling each other stories of a time when everything was so easy, and we had yet to be revealed to the cold harsh reality that is life. "We had a place that we could call home, And a life no one could touch" Those were the days, nothing could hurt us, except ourselves.

"Don’t hold me up now,
I can stand my own ground,
I don’t need your help now,
You will let me down, down, down!"
Yes it's true I relied on you, maybe a bit too heavily because now your gone and I'm in complete chaos, not that I wasn't before but now it's only worse.

"We are the angry and the desperate, The hungry, and the cold, We are the ones that kept quiet, And always did what we were told." Isn't that the cold hard truth? The ones who do as they're told and get the worst punishment of all. "But we’ve been sweating while you slept so calm, In the safety of your home. We’ve been pulling out the nails that hold up Everything you’ve known." Couldn't say it better myself.

"Keep quiet no longer, We’ll sing through the day, Of the lives that we’ve lost, And the lives we’ve reclaimed." It's time to do just that. Stand up and fight, the government, society, each other, everyone who tells you what to be, to do, to look like, to act, ALL OF IT. Fight back for christ sake, show them they don't rule you. Show them YOU decide who you are and they can't do a damn thing about it!

"Don’t hold me up now, I can stand my own ground, I don’t need your help now, You will let me down, down, down!"

And so the fight begins. For life is not worth living unless you have something to fight for.

--
Standing My Own Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment